Our Commitment to Sustainability and Transparency
McGrory Glass is committed to the environment and sustainability. The 2.2 acre solar paneled roof of our main warehouse brought McGrory recognition as one of the first major glass fabrication companies to hit net zero energy consumption. But our commitment doesn’t stop there.
- McGrory Glass maintains an internal database of Type III Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs), product-specific and industry-wide, that have at least cradle-to-gate scope and conform to ISO standards 14025 and EN 15804 or ISO 21930.
- McGrory Glass is a Manufacturer Member of the The Health Product Declaration Collaborative (HPDC) and provides product specific HPDs for its custom architectural and decorative glass solutions.
- McGrory Glass, Inc. is the only FDA Registered Medical Device Manufacturer; Repackager/Relabeler of FDA Registered radiation shielding glass. We are the exclusive North American Distributor for Corning® Med-X® x-ray glass, the only radiation shielding glass registered as compliant with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations.
- McGrory Glass is a member of the mindfulMATERIALS Collaborative.
- McGrory Glass staff includes LEED Certified expert Mike Hunkin, who leads our Green Committee.
Our Dedication to Customer Service
- McGrory Glass is always ready to discuss project specific LEED details, and happy to facilitate your building’s certification in any way we can. It’s not just good customer service: it’s the right thing to do.
- We work with a wide range of global architectural and design firms, and we process requests for environmental/ LEEDs documentation daily.
- We are here to help, and committed to actions that truly make a difference – not just documentation, but sustainable business practices not required by regulation.
- Using local suppliers where practical for the majority of our fabrication elements is a McGrory Core Business Practice.
- Our international supplier partnerships are with global manufacturers that have been proactive frontrunners in environmental/ sustainability efforts, and who use low impact international liner shipping methods.
- We seek out and align with suppliers who reflect our values, and the values of the architectural and design community/ our customers.
Red-list Material Free Products and Low-Emitting Materials
- The bulk of McGrory’s custom architectural and decorative glass solutions are redlist free and an inherently non-emitting source of VOCs.
- Because our solutions are unique to your vision, we provide custom confirmation letters that reflect the products delivered for your projects.
- We engineer our patented systems to allow for fabrication with post-consumer recycled materials. Our patented CaptiveHook® glass wall, ceiling, and seismic mounting system is composed of ~40% recycled materials, and is almost 100% recyclable.
- Our warehouse participates in recycling programs for other manufacturing components (such as interlayers), and reuses wooden shipping pallets.
- We have also removed all Styrofoam cups and non-biodegradable materials from our cafeteria and break rooms.
McGrory’s Green Committee
- Led by Senior Architectural Sales Representative and LEED Certified expert Mike Hunkin, McGrory’s Green Committee is always looking for ways to maximize efficiency and minimize environmental impact.
- Our Green Committee has members across staff levels, including VP and Part-Owner Mike McGrory.
- Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, comments, or feedback.
McGrory Product Family Brochure
Enter your email below to download our brochure.