SCHOTT PYRAN® Platinum L-M Fire-Protective Safety Glass
A fire-protection-rated and impact-safety-rated glazing material with a thickness of 5/16″ (8 mm), made from a laminated glass-ceramic with a transparent appearance. It is intended for use in safety rated locations such as door lites, transoms or sidelites, and windows with fire-rating requirements up to 90 minutes.
• World’s first and only floated glass-ceramic developed specifically for architectural applications
• Largest sheet size available in the industry at 51″ x 99″
• Laminated floated glass-ceramic
• Fire-rated for up to 90 minutes with required hose-stream test
• Fire-rated for up to 90 minutes in doors with required hose-stream test
• Withstands thermal shock
• Passes positive pressure test standard UL 10C
• Clear and neutral without the distracting amber tint associated with competitive glass-ceramics
• Microfloat process allows for smooth surface and distortion-free finish
• Transparent and wireless
• Low-emitting material/ no VOCs
• Red List Free
• Can be lightly sandblasted or modified with surface-applied decorative or opacity films without affecting the fire rating or UL listing
|Thickness||Weight||Apperance||Max Sheet Size||Surface||Impact-Safety Rated||Hose-Stream Test|
|5/16″||4.3 lbs/ft2||Clear, Neutral Gray Tone||51″ x 99″||Float Glass Quality||Yes||Pass|
|Ratings||Application||Max Exposed Area of Glazing||Max Width of Exposed Glazing||Max Height of Exposed Glazing||Min Depth of Groove||Groove Width||Building Code Marking|
|up to 90 min.||Doors Non-Temp Rise||2745″ (1.771 m2)||36″ (914 mm)||76-1/4″ (1938 mm)||5/8″ (16 mm)||5/8″||D-H-NT-90|
|up to 90 min.||Doors Temp-Rise and Non-Temp Rise||100″ (0.0645 m2)||12″ (305 mm)||33″ (838 mm)||1/2″ (12.7 mm)||5/8″||D-H-NT-90|
|up to 90 min.||Transom lites, sidelites, windows||2745″ (1.771 m2)||36″ (914 mm)||76-1/4″” (1938 mm)||5/8″ (16 mm)||5/8″||OH-90|
SCHOTT PRYAN® Platinum Solutions
SCHOTT PYRAN® Platinum Fire-Protective Glass
A fire-protective glass-ceramic that prevents the spread of fire, hot gases, and smoke. PYRAN® Platinum fire-rated glass-ceramics are certified by Underwriters Laboratories for fire-protection ratings up to 90 minutes.
SCHOTT PYRAN® Platinum F Filmed Fire-Protective Safety Glass
A fire-protection-rated and impact-safety-rated glazing material made from a transparent glass-ceramic with thickness of 3/16” (5 mm) that meets fire-rating requirements up to 90 minutes and up to 180 minutes in doors.
SCHOTT PYRAN® Platinum L Laminated Fire-Protective Safety Glass
A fire-protection-rated and impact-safety-rated glazing material with a thickness of approximately 5/16″ (9 mm) that meets fire-rating requirements up to 90 minutes and up to 180 minutes in doors.
Proud Partners of SCHOTT
We are honored to partner with SCHOTT. With over 130 years of experience, SCHOTT is a leading international technology group in the areas of specialty glass, glass-ceramics, and related high-tech materials. SCHOTT AG has its headquarters in Mainz (Germany) and is solely owned by the Carl Zeiss Foundation. As a foundation company, SCHOTT assumes special responsibility for its employees, society, and the environment.
Our dedicated team of experienced industry veterans offers end-to-end project support, from start to finish. We know the products, and we know the codes. When you partner with McGrory, we make sure the right glazing is used in the proper application.