FireDefend™ 20 glazing material is listed for use in doors with a fire rating requirement of 20 minutes. Classified and labeled by Underwriters Laboratories, Inc.®. File number for labeled 20 minute fire-rated assemblies is R21674. Tests performed in accordance with: UL 9, UL 10B, UL 10C, NFPA 80, NFPA 252
• Fire-rated for 20 minutes
• Impact safety-rated — meets ANSI Z97. 1 and CPSC 16CFR 1201 (Cat. I and 11)
• Specially heat-processed tempered (at least 4 times stronger than regular glass)
• Low-Iron, clear, and wireless
• Fits in standard fire-rated door vision kits
• Large sizes available
• Available in an insulated glass unit (IGU) with other glass products, including (but not limited to):
– One-way Mirror
• May be lightly sandblasted/etched or beveled on one side without affecting fire rating
• Passes positive pressure test standards UL 1 0C, UBC 7-2, and UBC 7-4
• For use in interior and exterior applications.
• Manufactured in the U.S.A.
Get a Quote
Explore FireDefend™ Fire-Rated Security Glazing by McGrory Glass resources below. Need assistance? Call, email, or submit a quote request online.
|Thickness||Min. Glass Size||Weight||Approx. Visible Transmission||Approx. Visible Reflection||Rating||Impact-Safety Rating||Assembly||Max. Exposed Area (IN2/FT2)||Max. Width of Exposed Glazing (IN.)||Max. Height of Exposed Glazing (IN.)|
|1 / 4″ (6mm)||4.5″ (Must be 16″ diagonal)||3 lb/ft2||89%||8%||20 min. (W/O HOSE STREAM TEST)||ANSI Z97. l and CPSC l 6CFR 1201 (Cat. I and 11)||Doors||3,204/22.25||36||89|
Our dedicated team of experienced industry veterans offers end-to-end project support, from start to finish. We know the products, and we know the codes. When you partner with McGrory, we make sure the right glazing is used in the proper application.